Belfast sink without overflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have a Twyfords Belfast (or Butler?) sink, have just bought a belfast sink waste online, but now it's arrived it appears to be slotted for an overflow. I've been reading this forum, and note the sink has absolutely no overflow facility, so is it possible to block up the overflow holes in the waste? (Cost of postage makes it not economical to return the waste to the supplier) Or do I need to buy another, unslotted, waste?

Sponsored Links
As long as the nut/washer joint is watertight then no problem.

I would add silicone around the waste from underneath before fitting the washer though.

Tony

Wrap some self-vulcanising tape such as Fernox Leak-Fix tape around it to cover the overflow holes as well as the above. Belt and braces.

Belfast sinks without overflows are called London sinks.
3225.prd.s.001.jpg

I was hoping someone woulds give us that definition.

Don't worry about the slots, it's OK as long as it's watertight top and bottom.

Sponsored Links
In most cases the slotted waste will be too long , butler sinks without an overflow provision will require the shorter unslotted waste , more than likely the slots will hang out the bottom of sink. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back