Sink overflow - can't find correct fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I don't know what make my sink is and cannot find an overflow waste that will fit it. The overflow opening in the sink has 3 vertical slots, a small hole and three more vertical slots and looks (with imagination) a bit like this III 0 III. It measures 52mm wide by 25mm high. The sink has one and a half bowls and the waste opening is in the larger bowl on the side next to the half bowl so any fitting would need to be narrow enough to fit between the two bowls. Can anybody advise me where I can buy a suitable fitting?

Would be very grateful for any help.

Thanks for your time,
Jen

Sponsored Links
i've seen them on the bq sinks.
is it a new sink ? as they useally come with the overflow.

No, unfortunately it's not a new sink & no, they don't do them at B&Q - they were the first place I went. Most places I've asked just say that the waste overflows come with the sinks and they can't help. Sadly, that's not much use to me who has the sink installed but no overflow waste attached to it.

I really love my sink. It's a huge stainless steel thing with two drainers on either side of the bowls and would cost a fortune to replace. Just need to find where I can get the appropriate waste fitting. Can't believe it's not possible. Surely other people have bought houses with fittings already in them and needed to buy replacement parts for them.

Thanks for the speedy response though.

Regards,
Jen

Hmmm, have a look here: http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/ Look at the product catalogue in waste outlet fittings, I dont know if the FSW2PR would be any use?

I would suggest you visit your local plumbing shop, they might have something similar, or if not should be able to order it for you. Taking the sink along would help identify right product but that doesnt look like an option!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. Have looked at the pictures online & does look like it may do the job. Can't see any measurements on the rectangular bit though so will pop down to plumb center tomorrow and see if they've got one / can order me one, so that I can see if it fits.

Will let you know if it fits, Jen (who is sadly excited at the prospect of being able to tear off the nasty bit of tape that's currently blocking the overflow on her sink).

Well, Plumb Center finally got the fitting in today and it fits. My sink is now fully working after months of trying to find that very part. Thanks so much Hugh. You've made me one happy lady!

Best Wishes,

Jen

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back