How Do I Plumb This Sink In? [Pic]

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No idea which fittings to use to link up this 1.5 bowl sink waste? :confused:

c3bMLVJ.jpg

H8VTue0.jpg

I got a bunch of parts from Bunnings but none seem to link all 3.

I mean I can visualize it in my head (half bowl waste linked to T-section right before full bowl waste with the tail of the T leading to the overflow (the black tube between the 2 bowls you can barely see in pic 1)) but I don't know what to buy to make this happen?

1st time doing this by the way, any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You've got your answer ! Take off that p trap you don't need it. The mcalpine kit is right you'll have to hacksaw some on the fittings/pipes down to make them shorter to fit the sink and in addition you'll need a length of 40mm pipe and two mcalpine elbows.
That's it. Hand tighten the two tails to the sink outlet theyre obviously in a fixed position, you probably have to shorten horizontal pipe that joins the to outlets together.

The two elbows and pipe get you from the bottom fitting to the existing grey waste pipe.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/mcalpine-mt4-bend-90-40mm/45446?_requestid=435167

Sponsored Links
I still don't get it :confused:

I need this:

kEVftUu.jpg

That Mcalpine kit linked above is this:

xSjpQTS.jpg

Mcalpine kit is unnecessarily long (even cut down), and will need the shelve below cut out (which is already in its lowest position).

The new sink is only about half an inch lower than the old one - which was just single bowl stainless steel.

OK where can I get a P trap that allows a pipe to be connected to its side WITHOUT having an additional junction piece between the P trap and sink strainer?

So I can do this configuration:

dzTLUHR.jpg

This is the problem with the Mcalpine kit:

xu8k7vF.jpg

If the P trap is flipped the other way it is way too low but if it is flipped upside down like in the picture it goes higher than the grey outlet and this part can't be cut down.

Have you tried fitting the P trap side of the kit onto the 1/2 bowl waste and not the main bowl?

Seems to be a lot better fit than the other way round but the 90 deg bend is a bit high for the grey outlet :eek:

eSzh2BA.jpg

4l53sa6.jpg

Anyone know of any "low profile" 90 deg bend fittings than won't contribute to length as much?

You're going to need 2 45° bends to 'dogleg' the existing waste into the right position for the new outlet. Get the McAlpine kit fitted and then adjust the pipework through the wall to suit. You'll probably have to cut that existing bend off, but cut it as tight to the bend as you can, leaving the maximum amount of pipe to play with. Easier to cut a tad off then add a bit on.

You won't get away without doing some alteration work to the waste pipe itself but at least now you can adjust it so it is all running downhill.

Cut the gray waste pipe behind the 45Deg fitting, use a new 45 deg onto the tail of the grey waste pipe thats left, pointing it up and then add a new small piece of waste pipe to bring it up to the level of the trap, another 45deg waste to level it and then a small stub into the trap, job done.

You've got the bend upside down. All those pipes will fill with crap

Take the sodding shelf out ......fit the mcalpine waste kit, use the two elbows as I've already suggested, need a bit of 40mm waste pipe.

Adapt the bottom shelf as necessary when the waste is fitted youre making this hard! !!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back