Under sink plumbing help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we've just installed a new kitchen, including new 1.5 bowl sink. The old sink was the same configuration but the wastes were in different positions, and also the new sink has a combined waste/overflow that comes with it. As a result the old plumbing doesn't fit.

Just to get the sink useable I've cobbled together a load of pipes and basically jigsawed them together in the only way I can get both bowl reaching the outgoing waste pipe, but clearly this is a terrible piece of plumbing and cannot stay as it is. There is a picture below to show how bad it is.

The reason there is a bottle trap connected directly to the half bowl is that it was the only think I had with the correct thread to connect to the waste.

And yes the black bit in the middle is just a bung :oops: as I didn't have a cap for that piece of pipe.

The question is, what is the best way and neatest of getting this plumbed in, I'm really struggling to get my head around it, mainly due to having to get the main and small bowl pipes to meet at some point, given their different starting heights.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Interesting, perhaps the Turner gallery might be keen to put it alongside a Tracy Emin piece :D

Seriously at least you got it going temp and it worked! As they say in the RAF any landing you can walk away from is a good one ;)

You need a 1 1/2 bowl kit like this from Wickes, B&Q etc.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/mcalpine-double-1-bowl-sink-kit-40mm-white/71787

Once you have it in situ it's just a case of cobbling together some fittings to pick up the waste.

Best wishes,
footprints.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the quick responses. Will pick up the McAlpine kit on the way home from work.

:D It is a work of art aint it. I was pleased to get it working with no leaks, a crash landing does seem a very apt analogy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back