sink waste plumbing - split fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a large belfast-type sink unit that i rescued from an old Habitat freestanding unit, and have plumbed it into my new kitchen.

the plastic connection underneath that connects the two bowl wastes and the overflow seems pretty unique 0 i cant find a like product anywhere.

the screwthread that takes the overflow has been pushed in at some point, leaving a circular crack around the fitting, and no matter what i do, icant stop this crack leaking when draining the left bowl (adjacent to the overflow connection.

I have tried tape. leaks around the edges
i have tried joint cement. leaks seep round the edges
i have tried wailing and gnashing of teeth.

any thoughts, short of encasing it in concrete?!!

Sponsored Links
Maybe time for a new sink I'm afraid. I have not heard of a permanent repair with porcelain apart from an epoxy resin which will look ***** :(

must have written it badly

nothing wrong with the porcelain sink at all.

it is the plastic bits underneath.

there is a plastic thingy that gathers from both plugs that looks pretty specific (cant find a replacement)

it is this plastic thingy that has a screw fix attachment for the flexible plastic overflow hose.

the connection point onto the assembly has been staved in - hence the crack.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back