Travel woes...

I

imamartian

Is anyone else a little bit p*ssed off, or even embarrassed by the tales of woe.... we keep hearing.... those people who were 'trapped' in hotels in Spain/Florida/Egypt etc etc.... they couldn't wash their clothes, and were worried if they'd get their money back....

WTF!... there's people all over this world facing 1000's of deaths due to earthquakes... political violence... disease.... poverty.... lack of water/food..etc

How do you compare this kind of human travesty against being forced to take another fortnight's holiday in Florida... i'm ashamed

:evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
some people don't understand hardship. they should just be glad to be alive and healthy, but for some, that's not enough.

I think the volcano erupted because of the actions of some paedophile priests :idea: God also wasn't happy with his "secretary" for fiddling the books on this one - Ratzinger has a lot to answer for.

Sponsored Links
Is anyone else a little bit p*ssed off, or even embarrassed by the tales of woe.... we keep hearing.... those people who were 'trapped' in hotels in Spain/Florida/Egypt etc etc.... they couldn't wash their clothes, and were worried if they'd get their money back....

WTF!... there's people all over this world facing 1000's of deaths due to earthquakes... political violence... disease.... poverty.... lack of water/food..etc

How do you compare this kind of human travesty against being forced to take another fortnight's holiday in Florida... i'm ashamed

Yes,,, some of these people are so bloody pompous when being interviewed. I see the boss of Ryanair is refusing to compensate passengers who were caught out in the volcanic ash saga. He is going to defy EU rules. Good. :D If the EU shi t houses wants to re-imburse passengers over an act of God, then let THEM bloody well do it,, it'll give them something to do. :evil:

You are ashamed eh? So when are you selling your house and car to help the earthquake victims and the starving poor? Not that ashamed eh? Hypocrite - that's what you are.

One woman was interviewed on the BBC laying beside a pool in Miami worried how she would get home and she had nowhere to stay

On the BBC, the reporter was at Calais ferry terminal saying there were literally, thousands of British people there waiting to return to the UK. He then went on to interview 3 of these people. Not one of them had a British accent. :eek: :eek:
I went to Tenerife last year for a weeks holiday, had my wallet stolen the second day we were there. As a result we were left with around £150 in euros to last the whole week (S/C btw).
Twas a bit of a struggle, but we managed admirably. Just cut down on things. Worst part of it was the fact my bank cards, driving licence and digital tachograph card were all in my wallet. You can't drive a car out there unless you have your driving licence on your person. If you drive without it and are stopped by the police, they will confiscate the vehicle and give you an on the spot fine.
So some thieving ba****d out there ruined our holiday, but we still managed to have a great time. I'd go back there, but will probably have to carry my money round in a safe attached to my ankle or summat :D :D

On the BBC, the reporter was at Calais ferry terminal saying there were literally, thousands of British people there waiting to return to the UK.
How is he getting back? Is he joining the back of the queue? I doubt it.

I went to Tenerife . . . You can't drive a car out there unless you have your driving licence on your person
But why did you want to? You're on a small island in the middle of the atlantic ocean. :confused: Everywhere worth seeing has a coach tour to it. I wouldnt want to drive there anyway, tbh, seeing everyone elses driving! I'd imagine the excess on the rental insurance would clear your bank account! :!:

You are ashamed eh? So when are you selling your house and car to help the earthquake victims and the starving poor? Not that ashamed eh? Hypocrite - that's what you are.

You are a t055er joe... don't patronise me!!!
We all have a 'relative' standard of living, based on the economic status of the place we live. I don't have savings or a new car... yet i manage certain 'luxuries' like holidays... my post - as you know very well - was about people who have gone for these luxuries, and then started bleating about the hardship faced by being stranded for a couple of days...
I don't bleat about how bad my life is therefore i aint no hypocrite... Joe, i await your apology! :evil:

Sponsored Links
Back