treating stripped doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if you need to or can treat stripped doors once they have been dipped?

If so what would you use?

Andy

Sponsored Links
thanks for that, but i want to stain or leave wood "coloured" just wondering if they need sealing/waxing/varnishing after they have been stripped

Sponsored Links
I've had several doors stripped recently. I'm no expert, but I'm very pleased with the results so here's what worked for me.

Leave the doors to dry thoroughly. I sanded and waxed the 1st door when it appeared dry and found that a white acid stain came through about a week later. I left the others around another week and after sanding didn't have any problems.

I waxed the doors. I sealed them 1st with sanding sealant and then applied wax. If you are varnishing rather than waxing a diluted coat of varnish should have the same affect as the sealant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back