Tree Removal - Council??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I am helping a friend do some garden work which will involve removing 6 leyllandi conifers. They are between 6 foot and 12 foot high and are up against the fence next to the pavement.

Do we need to tell the council for removing trees please? I keep seeing in the planning jobbie-whatsits about tree preservation orders. Can i assume these won;t apply to leyllandi that have been in for about 6 years.

Cheers
Chris

Sponsored Links
Conan1302 said:
Hi folks,

I am helping a friend do some garden work which will involve removing 6 leyllandi conifers. They are between 6 foot and 12 foot high and are up against the fence next to the pavement.

Do we need to tell the council for removing trees please? I keep seeing in the planning jobbie-whatsits about tree preservation orders. Can i assume these won;t apply to leyllandi that have been in for about 6 years.

Cheers
Chris

As said, tell 'em. Be aware that once the roots that run under the pavement/highway have rotted in a couple of years the surface of tarmac will drop, so they're gonna have to fix that at some point. Hence telling them now is a good idea. I know because we have been through the same experience - massive ruts in the pavement which eventually t'council are going to have to sort out b4 someone breaks an ankle.

WabbitPoo said:
Conan1302 said:
Hi folks,

Cheers
Chris

As said, tell 'em. Be aware that once the roots that run under the pavement/highway have rotted in a couple of years the surface of tarmac will drop, so they're gonna have to fix that at some point. Hence telling them now is a good idea. I know because we have been through the same experience - massive ruts in the pavement which eventually t'council are going to have to sort out b4 someone breaks an ankle.

No, No, don't tell 'em..........just keep silent then as the pavement drops you can accidently on purpose have an accident :confused: (where's there's blame there's a claim ;) ) not only do you remove the trees but you'll secure some financial bonus in a future years by suing the council when you fall over the uneven paving :evil:

Sponsored Links
CamperPete said:
No, No, don't tell 'em..........just keep silent then as the pavement drops you can accidently on purpose have an accident :confused: (where's there's blame there's a claim ;) ) not only do you remove the trees but you'll secure some financial bonus in a future years by suing the council when you fall over the uneven paving :evil:

And cost everyone another increase in council tax. :rolleyes:

CamperPete said:

ever eondered where all the money for compnsation claims comes from?!

Down this part of the world the lazyass council put TPO's on whole gardens and areas. Both my and my neighbours gardens are covered from the smallest conifer to the large Ash.

My place, an old bungalow, had a great big oak until about 20 years ago. It is too much hassle to get it all changed ... and it costs. I took down the 15 30 foot monster leylandi's and received nothing but thanks from all the neighbours.

TT

I wonder if there are any leyland's in the UK that have had an individual TPO slapped on them.
If so that would be more of a TyPO I would imagine. :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back