Treehouse attachment fixings

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi folks,

I am having trouble sourcing attachment fixings for a treehouse (for reasonable money).

One side of the treehouse is a "H" mounted on ground screws (shown below), I want the other side to float supported on a single tree (also shown below) - it needs to float, as it needs a bit of give as the tree will inevitably sway in the wind.

I want to build build a genuine treehouse - it needs to be supported at least on one side by the tree. In reality its going to be about 4ft off the ground, so it should be safe and secure. Photo of the kind of attachment I am looking for is the 2nd photo below. Any ideas where I can order something like this in western Europe for reasonable money (€100-150)?

In the interested of full disclosure, I do know people who can fabricate something like this for me. I already approached one, and it blew up into a full design discussion about how I *should* be doing it, hence I want to order something off the shelf, if it exists and get the job done.

Ray K

8ND-WruHS-L6sCL7V2GrH_GKiNTr8-fcoVtufSaiCSBmBoyI_rZqwnd7L01oQWLHpwVgEYC37U6LfYe367F_HJ5YkvilQvv_YB09OD_vEHmjBeG6Ilp94JFn2oppb7LnM7sq8ZzIjpQA_uJZDREjllNPAzAAsIqXHe-bE1YzHb-w6Q1zyZEB-Nhz4pWRZn6B3Nc2qpWMx6-0hKVRXvWOXzjtbp4izjb7D-R0jYCBmuev14XC0g6zOrgcBrBn_KECJrjLkeh2Xklw9KOT5xP3Q_wLOyFiQFCyYrk74sFMBgQo5snK7daPdh8YE0oK54onoz_EMXWSOE1q9aQvJ6FsszDuUkv3uVMz1-tnaeOC41kAKY0M4t4UZIsce8tddxjZQ9hB5hukerXD-0iB8gPmrkFQEdT2EV2VT1Hm68W48itYtHU8cdMa1j7-6R-OzJcoZq8Vrta0R9ZtR1n2EbAsHZUei_5xFM59cdKpHJXfitlzmJsNJzuxyUf7LOSZqxIzc58xWGAz24vqq8cuBMHyAn6mvR60w6pLu1M11oJusK6sSp7f0fFCsK9P-1gUUjOnosatClbvTw9LdKGxPhSdAQr4PM1GNbsXPXMiQJYPvf8xEGdjHu_nxldDlRCZcJ5jEqw7EAnvsG4mW2UP70-T8RRbmwRmYWV9UgDIXFAWsMI3m0puC_308PFxht93TQ=w949-h1265-no

a3b2c111b9162008b29c34f2213be444.jpg

Sponsored Links
Can only see one pic, with the H bracket.

Blup

Only one picture.

You could make something like that out of timber with a piece of flat steel to act as the bearing plate.

Sponsored Links
What about mast fixings? Boat masts I mean?
I don't like the idea of whacking a screw through a tree.

I don't like the idea of whacking a screw through a tree.

Not good for the tree. And in the long term not a secure fixing.

As mentioned hanging from padded slings over branches would be better.

Also consider support from crutched poles resting on branches below the tree house

The problem with supporting from a branch is that there aren't any.
The tree in questions in a evergreen fir tree, so it's branches won't bear any weight.

So something will have to be hung from the trunk.

In the grand scheme of things - this treehouse only needs to last five years or so.
My son is 8 at the moment, I can't see him using it beyond 13 or 14 years old, if even that.

For that reason I am ok with a bolt, and bracket setup - as it won't be there forever.
Hiring a welder is still looking like my best option right?

Well look, my garden is full of apple and ash trees, some of which I planed.
I am avoiding those, to do no harm.

This is a 25-30 yr old fir that self seeded in a corner of my garden.
There are 100s just like it on this hill harvested every year - it will be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back