trevi boost..exposed.

JPC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys...

Has anyone fitted a Trevi Boost shower..you know, the mains cold and gravity hot ones.

Q - are the hot and cold pipes fed from the rear to the shower mixer and does the hose screw into the unit...or a separate fitting ??

what would make life easier is a trevi boost (for better performance shower) bath taps...no chopping tiles out...just change the taps and hang the rail and shower head!!! but i havent seen such a product

Sponsored Links
Has anyone fitted a Trevi Boost shower..you know, the mains cold and gravity hot ones.
Yes.

Q - are the hot and cold pipes fed from the rear to the shower mixer
The elbows can be oriented to take pipework from above, or below, or behind, or in front (if you really want to).

and does the hose screw into the unit
Yes.

what would make life easier is a trevi boost (for better performance shower) bath taps...no chopping tiles out...just change the taps and hang the rail and shower head!!! but i havent seen such a product
You don't need to chop tiles out to fit a Trevi Boost.

softus...did the shower perform well ?
i imagine i'll have to to bury the pipework...or can the mixer work by "bluetooth" ? ;)

as usual customer doesnt want the pipes showing...and i dont blame them.

softus...as you know there are various ways round a mains cold gravity hot....which is simplest and cheapest in you opinion ?

i have had endless folk asking me for showers over the bath with said circs and they dont like the proces i quote......as you know shower mixer, pump, new or additional cwst, labour all adds up.

in the past i have fitted presure equalising valves...to shower only pipework and told them it wont be a power shower...and indeed it isn't.

i have also thought of putting a single pump on the hot only and then onto the PEV.

Curiosly i when to a house the other week and they had a 2 tapings near the top of the cylinder...mains in the bottom>>>>>>warms up>>>>hot out the top (thermal store effect) then then onto a thermostatic mixer...worked well and might try it sometime

i think a simple bath tap with venturi workings inside for a shower would sell like hot cakes

Regarding performance, i have a Trevi Boost and it's simply not up to the job for my situation. In fairness the system appears to perform at roughly the manufacturer's spec - I have 0 positive head on the hot and poor mains pressure!

Even so, if you're after a "good" shower, the only situation I'd think a venturi unit will fit the bill is when installing a downstairs shower in a typical 2up-2down with tank in the loft - i.e. a reasonable head of water on the hot cylinder and the benefit of better mains pressure down at ground floor level.

Sponsored Links
Regarding performance, i have a Trevi Boost and it's simply not up to the job for my situation. In fairness the system appears to perform at roughly the manufacturer's spec - I have 0 positive head on the hot and poor mains pressure!
You have the wrong product then.

Even so, if you're after a "good" shower, the only situation I'd think a venturi unit will fit the bill is when installing a downstairs shower in a typical 2up-2down with tank in the loft - i.e. a reasonable head of water on the hot cylinder and the benefit of better mains pressure down at ground floor level.
That's far too indeterminate to be of much help.

The pressure advantage of downstairs vs. upstairs is merely 0.5 bar, which is far less than the difference between poor mains pressure and excellent mains pressure.

Regarding the OP's situation, it would be wise to measure the mains pressure before spending money.

but did it work well softus....the one you installed....
was it half way to a power shower ?

if so i will try one on the next job i do..assuming a decent incoming pressure

softus...did the shower perform well ?
Yes.

i imagine i'll have to to bury the pipework...or can the mixer work by "bluetooth" ? ;)
There is an 'exposed' edition of the boost. Not quite bluetooth, but no chasing either.

as usual customer doesnt want the pipes showing...and i dont blame them.
Oh. Cancel previous comment then. Chasing/burying it is.

softus...as you know there are various ways round a mains cold gravity hot....which is simplest and cheapest in you opinion ?
Simplest is not the same as cheapest. My preference would always be balanced supplies, whether gravity, pumped or mains, so that you're not relying on balancing valves, or venturi valves, or check valves to keep on working.

Cheapest depends on whether or not you can run a new cold supply from a storage cistern, and whether or not you have a cheap plastic-bodied low-flow shower pump for occasional use, or a full-blown brass-bodied stonker that can pump all day without needing to be cooled down.

i have had endless folk asking me for showers over the bath with said circs and they dont like the proces i quote.
I'm sorry, but I didn't understand very much of that sentence - what are "circs" and what is "proces"?

.....as you know shower mixer, pump, new or additional cwst, labour all adds up.
Well, I recommend keeping it simple, and buying a valve that you know you can get spares for.

in the past i have fitted presure equalising valves...to shower only pipework and told them it wont be a power shower...and indeed it isn't.
I can but suggest that you don't tell people that a non power shower is a power shower.

i have also thought of putting a single pump on the hot only and then onto the PEV.
I've seen that work, both with and without the PEV.

i think a simple bath tap with venturi workings inside for a shower would sell like hot cakes
Possibly, but you don't need the mixing function of the venturi shower valve when drawing a bath, so in a sense it's a strange idea for a product.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back