Trevi Boost Running luke warm/cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help,

I have just had my combi tank replaced in my 2 up 2 down due to lime scale cloging it, i now have a cold water tank in my loft and a hot water tank in my airing cupboard, and since this has changed i am only getting luke warm water coming out of my shower (trevi boost) is there a simple solution to this or am i looking to get a plumber in

before the change we would get a good hot temp but the water would run out very quickly (hence a new tank)

many thanks
lee

Sponsored Links
What is the pipework from the new cistern to the hot water cylinder?

Was any work done on it?

Is there a valve on it?

Was there a valve on it before?

Does it take a different route?

What's the flow like from a hot tap on the same floor of the house as the shower is on?

What is the pipework from the new cistern to the hot water cylinder? the pipe waork is just new connecting pipes to the inlet of the tank, and short ones that connect tot he old ones on the out pipes.

Was any work done on it? no work was done on the shower part, only on the tank in the airing cupboard and new cold water in the loft.

Is there a valve on it? nothing has changed on the shower unit, i think it has the standard valves that were supplied and i dont think so on the tank

Was there a valve on it before? dont think so

Does it take a different route? no it goes through the same route, but the cold water is now higher

What's the flow like from a hot tap on the same floor of the house as the shower is on?
the flow on the tap on the same level is fine, 10 times better than before and very hot

it seems like there is too much cold water coming through, i can feel the hot but it just feels like there should be more

My first thought is about scale. Does your system suffer from this?
If so, it's possible that some has ended up inside the shower valve.

If you have a Surrey flange on the cylinder, then it's also possible for scale to end up in the dip tube.

Next thought - if you don't have a Surrey/Warix/Essex flange, then you might have an air lock on the shower hot supply. Actually, you might have one anyway, depending on the route of that hot supply.

You haven't confirmed (yet) that your shower cold supply is from the mains. If it isn't then the Trevi Boost may not work properly.

Sponsored Links
im a bit unsure about most of the stuff you have said so i think you have answered my concerns and ill get a plumber in to look at it.

thanks for your help but im a bit out of my depth here

cheers again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back