Trianco 12/14 excessive hot water temp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Trianco 12/14 oil heating system, the system has been in for donkey's years, as it is a rented place I don't want to play around with the system that much.

1. The problem I have is the hot water is coming out of the taps at a temp that would scold you :eek: .
On the panel of the boiler, the amber light comes on after a time and the system goes off, on the inside of the door, the circuit diagram indicates this lamp as "excess heat", there looks like a thermostat phial tube coiled up and just hanging in the void where the burner is, does this thermostat not need to be inserted in to the water jacket somewhere so that it knows when it is at the "right temp" and where is that temp set?

2. When the above temp has been reached, it sounds like the water is running back down the pipes as if the pipe has been emptied of water and is then filling back up, tis very strange.

If any one can assist or shed some light on this system that would be helpful.

Sponsored Links
the thing coiled up is the fire valve phial, if its approx12mm in dia. and needs to be left where it is.

you may need a new control stat,?? but the sound effects with the water dont sound right.

thermostat phial tube coiled up and just hanging in the void where the burner

Might be boiler stat, but more likely the phial is part of the fire valve, :?: if there is one fitted.

The high temp of hot water can be down to type of system and controls you have.
Is there a stat on cylinder.
How do you control hot water/ heating system.
If 2 port valves a present are they working.

We really need to know whats fitted on your system

the boiler stat is a tw£t to get out, its d shaped and is jammed right up next to the overheat stat.which is also d shaped. :cry: ..forming a complete circle, funnily enough.. if it is donkey years old..

I would just turn down stat to halfway and see wot happens. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
There is no temp guage/fitting on the water tank other then the emersion heater setting (which is not swtiched on).

I put my ear as near as possible with out burning it to the pipes feeding in/out of the tank, the one that is making the noise looks like the vent pipe that joins the pipe that feeds in to the middle of the tank, it vibrates as the water is "falling" back down the pipe.

on front of boiler is a control stat, try mid position. ffs,

also as gremblin says, got any motorised valves?

If you are refering to the burner temp control then it is at min, next click is off.

Alas the tenant, the landlord is not that worried! should I be?

As you said landlord not worried, coz he ain't asking the questions, but you are ;)

As for the motorised valves, the system is 30 years old.

So your saying it has no controls whatsoever :confused:
If thats the case its time for an upgrade.

Just remember the landlord has a duty of care towards their tenants.
Make him aware of the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back