Oil Heatslave 12/14 hot water issues

If it's a motorised valve problem, and not just the motor there are also auxiliary switches in the head operated by the motor/gearing, then it's best to change the motor head complete so as to make sure the issue is not the switches.

Yes it costs more but gives reliability that just changing the motor cannot provide.

I'm not sure of the wiring on this boiler (sorry retired 5 years ago and find I can't remember the little details any more!) but could the switches in the motorhead control the firing of the burner for HW demand just like the normal HW cylinder stat arrangement? Those with a more modern finger in the pie will advise I'm sure.

Sponsored Links
I'm fairly sure your valve motor is working and as far as i know the end switches are only in operation when in ch mode. There is no mid position unless you hook it open manually. Your readings on the f/switch sound good also. When opening a hot tap do you hear the click from the f/s and the water pump kick in ? Also when switching on from cold does the boiler heat the water store first or at all ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back