Trianco Boiler - Hot water issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening,

We have a Trianco Eurostar 90 combi, installed in 2005. We have been putting up with an issue that nobody can seem to get to the bottom of, not even Trianco themselves.

When the hot water thermostat dial on the front is turned up to its maximum level the boiler comes on and produces hot water. It then comes on periodically to maintain the water temperature. When a hot tap is opened, very hot water takes just a few seconds to come through. All seems well, however, after a maximum of 10 mins the hot water runs out completely and the water is barely luke warm. The boiler is running, but it doesn't seem to be able to produce hot water quick enough to cope with demand.

Even if the temperature level is turned down to a lower level, this problem remains. This problem has persisted since we bought the house a couple of years ago and nobody seems to have an answer. When running a bath, the hot water does not fill 1/3 before running out.

Any ideas? When running the heating, the boiler seems to work perfectly.

Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
This should be easy enough to sort out.

1. Is the heat store fully hot. This can be checked with a temperature probe.
2. If the burner is firing is the heat going to the heat store? Again easy enough to check.

To sort out. I would suggest disconnect the plate heat exchanger and heat exchanger, and heat store connections.

Thoroughly flush with mains cold hosepipe etc. Ensure all hoses are also clear.

Put back together. Should be fine.

Don't know if this boiler has a blending valve could just be the blending valve is faulty. Again easy to check.

That's very helpful, thanks. I will get that done and keep my fingers crossed.

Sponsored Links
That's very helpful, thanks. I will get that done and keep my fingers crossed.

Could be a simple diverter valve problem as well.
But this is too obvious. Surely they would have checked this first?
Good grief.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back