Trianco Eurostar Balanced Flue Boiler - serviced from rear

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've just moved house and now have have a Trianco Eurostar powered oil central heating system. The boiler is wall mounted balanced flue circa 1998 give or take a year. Where would I find the model number? The boiler stopped working last weekend - it had been serviced a week before. There is oil in the system - the tank has around 8" - 10" in it, so despite the the remote gauge showing nearly empty, I presume this much oil would still run the boiler. There is a red reset button on the front of the inside of the lift off cover, but this appears to be "stuck in" although visually undamaged. Any one got any suggestions as to how to restart the boiler or at least find out the exact model number?

Sponsored Links
Try the www.trianco.co.uk website.
You might have to email them for the exact manual.

I find oil boiler manufacturers are very lax regarding manuals
and manufacture of their boilers. Lack of competition I would say.

Bet I could design and build a better boiler than any of them.

If the burner has locked out there should be a reset button on the burner. Sorry don't know the specific wall mounted boiler you have. Chances
are it is a burner lockout for some reason. Very suspicious that it
was only serviced last week though.

Thanks for that - the boiler is around 10/12 years old though - don't even know tthe model number - just that its a Trianco Eurostar

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that guys - very helpful, LOL. All servicing is done from the out side of the house through a rear panel on the boiler.

As for being "serviced from the rear", I wouldn't know about that - but I suppose if you've got the right tool it might be possible?...........LOL

If the only access to the burner is from the outside then this is 'serviced from the rear'.

The design aim was to keep all those nasty dirty, sooty, oily, smelly bits out of madam's house. (IMHO all oil fired boilers should be banished to outhouses/garages/boilerhouses so as to keep noise and smells out of the house)

There were several rear access boilers from different manufacturers a few years back, but didn't Trianco go bust a couple of years ago?

What's important in this case is which burner is fitted. What the boiler is is not so relevant.

Perhaps the OP can post a photo of the boiler and in particular the burner?

Thanks Guys - it turns out that a recent power cut had damaged the electrical control system inside - this was swopped out and hey presto! Its back up and working! In the end it was a Trianco Eurostar 50, although the identification can only be found INSIDE the boiler housing - not much use if you don't know where to look!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back