Tribune HE.. pressure increase?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, the pressure gauge is showing as just .5 bar, I read that it should be between 1 - 2 from what I've read. I'm not sure what valves need to be opened to increase the pressure. I read somewhere about opening the valves on either end of the braided pipe, which I did... not sure how long they should be opened for the pressure to rise.? I've not really any idea what I'm doing so any help would be appreciated. I've added two pictures.

Thanks

Rob

Attachments

• IMG_2239.JPG
    IMG_2239.JPG
    255.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_2240.JPG
    IMG_2240.JPG
    236 KB · Views: 83
Sponsored Links
The gauge is by the water tank as shown in picture.. the boiler is in the garage

Sponsored Links
Ok got it.
Red cylinder is pressure vessel and if full of air and water and gives the expanded hot water somewhere to go.

Operate the two valves on the braided hose so that they are inline with the pipe/hose direction. This should allow water into the system and you should see an increase on the gauge. Top it up until gauge reads 1.5bar. If you can hear water shooshing in but gauge doesn’t rise then you have other problems.
Try the above and report back.
It needs to be 1.5bar when the system is cold.

Thanks for your help so far, much appreciated.. I think the problem is compounded by the fact that this region has lo low water pressure at the moment because if a burst water main somewhere.. hence, taking a time for water to flow through properly. I will await the mai s water supply to be restored before I do as you suggest. Really appreciate your help. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back