Range Tribune HE - How to increase pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

I had to partially bleed a couple of my radiators earlier and now the boiler is making lots of noise. Checked the pressure gauge on the red expansion vessel and it reads NIL.

I would appreciate advice on how to increase this. There are plenty of valves and taps around, but none seem to be directly linked to the red tank and pressure gauge.

I've enclosed some photo's to try and help.

Thanks in advance.

Tedd

View media item 29382 View media item 29383 View media item 29384 View media item 29385 View media item 29386

Sponsored Links
Fourth picture down shows a metal braided hose and a valve at each end open both valves and the pressure will rise , then close them both

Fourth picture down shows a metal braided hose and a valve at each end open both valves and the pressure will rise , then close them both

Hi Tomy,

I am hoping you can help me to? I have the same problem however, my system which was installed 9months ago only has one valve at each end of the metal braided hose not two like Teddg system does? How do I pressurise my system? It currently reads 0.

I've added photos which will hopefully help explain further?

Sponsored Links
Just turn black lever ¼ turn. Stop when gauge is at about 1bar.

You may find the heating system needs bleeding.

Thanks for the reply... I figured it out, I had to turn the black valve and also at the opposite end of the metal braided hose there was a small screw which needed turning with a screwdriver then the pressure went up to 1.

I just wanted to post in case anyone keeps up with this but advice was really really useful. Thank you for saving us a call to the plumber :D

I just wanted to post in case anyone keeps up with this but advice was really really useful. Thank you for saving us a call to the plumber :D

Perfect advice, having had a plumber in yesterday to change all the values, drain and fill the system, he didn't mention that I,may have to top the tank up. Looked on this site after noticing I had no hot water or heating, increase the water and iy has worked. Thank you for this advice it is excellent. :D :D

Hi all,

Wondering if you can help me with a similar issue please! I have a very similar system, but I think it's slightly different. I can't spot the 'two black valves' (or one value, one screw) anywhere...I don't want to start turning all the values next to the tank in case they're not right...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 163

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back