Tribune HE pressure issue - complete novice

Hi dan

Yeah, it's under warranty, I'll give Taylor wimpey customer services a call.

I'm guessing the filters and pressure releasing valves aren't easy to access and should be looked at by a complete novice? :p

Sponsored Links
Take the hose off and run the shower, if its still a dribble you cant do any more without dismantling the shower, time to call taylor wimpey.

Indeed.

The shower could have a cartridge filter like the cylinder.

OR

A pair of inlet filters. IT will involve removing the surround and handles etc, depending on the make and model.

How easy it is is relative.

Ok, I'll try and dig the manuals out and see if there is anything further info on the units.

Thanks a lot for your help guys - pleased to see this is an active forum with lots of valid input from its members :cool:

Sponsored Links
I have a nasty feeling that the warranty only covers the building itself against structural defects, not the internals, but well spotted Dan, definitely worth contacting the builder.

Okay, so we know it's a thermostatic shower, so we are in fact back to a possible filter problem inside the thermostat, but it's more likely to pick up crud in an older property. As it's a mains pressure system for both hot and cold water, I doubt if you'll find a pressure reducing valve anywhere, but being a new build, there might be a temperature reducing valve that's Donald ducked, but as it's a thermostatic shower, a temperature reducing valve is a bit redundant - but there's a lot of duff plumbers around.

Have you checked the operation of the thermostat on the shower itself, and adjusted the temperature up and down. if you turn it cold, do you get a good flow of cold water, or turn it hot and get a good flow of hot. This would show you whether it's the hot or cold that blocked, but if both are, then it's the shower unit itself that's gone.

Either way, unless you feel confident to start taking pipes apart, this is the point to ask your neighbours if they know a good plumber. Best of luck

As a ex new build plumber, if the site is still active (still being built on) then if you see the site manager the plumbing contractors will be sent running round to keep everyone happy.

I know the company I used to work at have gone back to houses over 9 years old just to keep the big boys (Barratts Persimmions) happy.

No offence but from your questions and actions DONT attempt to find and fix your problem. You can cause a lot more issues by turning up pressures on a sealed system than a faulty shower!!!!!

My next door neighbour is a site manager for one of the big boys. We always have a laugh at the latest fook ups the plumbers have done.

Up hill waste runs seem to be a favourite.

What makes me laugh even more is that the plumbers have a contracts manager too :LOL:

Never buy a house less than 20/30 years old. Let some one else fight the battles ;)

Never buy a house less than 20/30 years old. Let some one else fight the battles ;)

Couldn't agree more. Wouldn't touch anything after 60s or 70s. Some of the later stuff can be shocking quality.

To the OP
What is the flow/pressure like from taps in same bathroom as downstairs shower?

Has the downstairs shower ever worked properly?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back