Worcester Bosch 240 Combination Boiler - Presure Gauge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused: Please would someone advise me, the pressure gauge on my combination boiler has two needles one of which is red and is preset at 2 bar, the other one which is white is reading 3.5 bar, I have been told that this is very dangerous, and should not be any higher than 1 bar, is this correct?

Sponsored Links
The red one is just to show you where it should be set. Move it to 1.5 bar.

The white one is the pressure reading. It will work OK at 3 bar but the pressure release valve may drip. Better to bleed a little water out of a rad until it goes down to 2 Bar.

First though check that the filling loop has not been left in the open position!

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
help!

our boiler pressure is just above 0 (we dont have a red dial, it must've fallen off). havent been in house long and no instructions were left!

how do i increase the pressure? one radiator is constantly cold so must need bleeding. not sure which is the filling loop either, but all the loops are at the on position.

also, how do i set the heating to go onto a constant low temperature? not sure what to set the temperature dial to (min or max). the radiators have their own temperature dials on so how do they work in conjunction with the temperature dial on the boiler? do we switch the radiators to low and set temp on dial on boiler? we dont have a room thermostat.

ps sorry for coming into this chat, only read rules afterwards. new to this site.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back