Tricity Bendix Oven Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As a newbie to this forum I'd like to say hello to everyone.

Some help needed here. I've a Tricity Bendix BD921/2B oven. All works well apart from an over heating top oven (thermostat fault) but the original thermostat has been made obsolete and I cannot find an alternative. The original thermostat manufacturer number is 3110224015.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what thermostat could replace this?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
That link goes to an obsolete part.

Look here
http://www.espares.co.uk/search/ma1261pt1604/cookers-and-hobs/thermostats/tricity-bendix

If you cant see your part contact them.
Thermostat info
Capillary length
bulb length / dia
Sensing range.
Contacts, ie is a switch also, (double banked).
There will be a manufactures ref number, you could always contact the manufacture of the t/stat.

As you are saying its an obsolete part, then it must be an old oven.

Hi jj4091,
thanks for a quick response.
Yes, that's the part but as it says, the part is discontinued, and I've not found any alternative.

Sponsored Links
Hi Diyisfun,
Thanks for the advice, I tried espares and electrolux to no avail.

Yes the oven is quite old now but it's not used often. The main oven thermostats are easy to get but the top oven thermostat is proving elusive.

Hi jj4091,
Thanks for the info I will check that out; I was wondering if a universal one would do.

Hi jj4091,
Thanks for the info I will check that out; I was wondering if a universal one would do.

If you look at the link from jj4091, I didn't know there was such a thing. Cheaper than a new cooker.
If you buy that one & the capillary is too long, just coil it & ensure it is not near any terminals.

Hi Diyisfun,
You are so right; given the top oven only gets used 2 or 3 times a year it is so much cheaper than a new oven.
Thanks for your advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back