Trickling Sound Inside Premier Tribune Hot Water Tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a pressurised ch/hw system with a white expansion vessel above a
Premier Tribune Hot Water Tank and a red expansion vessel below.
When either the hw or ch is on there is a constant trickling/dripping sound inside the Premier Tribune hot water tank.
When both ch and hw is switched off the trickling sound stops.
Is this normal? If not what can I do to rectify it?

Sponsored Links
sounds like the PRV/TPRV is passing when the hot water is expanding when heated.

Check the black plastic tundish to see if water is flowing through. If it is then you cant fix it and need a plumber with a G3 ticket as its a dangerous set up in the wrong hands

Thanks for your reply.

No water coming through the tundish. It is absolutely dry.

Sponsored Links
I am now hearing constant running water within the hot water tank. It is no longer just a drip drip.

The ch is working fine all around the house and we are getting plenty hot water.

The tundish is not dripping at all and there is no water coming out of any of the outside discharge pipes.

What is going on? Is it difficult for a ch expert to diagnose?

I am still hoping for a helpful response to my posting.

However, the fact that we continue to have a fully functioning hw &ch system, does that mean that hearing the constant dripping and sometimes running water sound only whilst the system is on is normal?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back