Triple glazed window has dry water stains within glass panes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have cleaned the glass from inside and outside but these stains remain. I can see that they are within the glass - if that makes sense. The window is around 5 years old. Can I please have some advice on addressing this.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If the marks are inside then they've either been there from the begining OR the unit has blown, the water staining is likely from dried condensation inside, at 5 years old its not very good at all, I'd be calling the installers back and claiming under the 10 year guarantee assuming it covers units for that long, some 10 year policies only cover the frame for 10 years while the glass is 5 years and handles hinges and locks can be as little as 1 year, we call that a 10/5/1 and most of my work was under 10/5/1 policies however some companies offer 10/5/5 and some even 10/10/10. If the company is no londer in business then your IBG will kick in and take over the remaining balance of the 10 year warranty but the same rules apply re the length of time stuff is covered for

Sponsored Links
I thought I was getting a good deal when I paid in cash!
I guess, I will need to bite the bullet and replace the glass. I’ve never done that and will be a useful experience. I saw a video which suggested that I should take measurements from the joining line of the braces holding the glass in. I then need to subtract 10mm. Does that sound correct?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back