Triple joist

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Can anyone tell me how exactly bolt together 3 150mm×50mm floor joist. My thoughts so far are to use cut threaded rod 12mm. Nyloc nut either end with 1 of those square washers and timber connectors between each joist. Span of the joist is 2.6m . Staggered I've been told is best but how exactly...anyhelp and info appreciated.
Joist already bought and cut to size.
I need to triple up in 2 places for 1st floor partition wall and double up in 2 places also
Cheers
Magico

Sponsored Links
M10 x 180/200mm bolts, square washers at each end and star (connector washers) between each joist at 400 to 500mm centres. Stagger by setting the first at 50mm from top edge, 2nd at 50mm from bottom edge, and so on (alternating) so that cracks cannot propagate along the length of the timbers. When all clamped-up tight you may want to trim back any excess visible thread with an angle grinder or hack saw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back