Triple X boiler silencing additive, does it work?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
No connection to the product other than as a possible purchaser. Seems very cheap, £6 for enough to treat 100 litres. I generally use Sentinal or Fernox, but this stuff is about 1/3 of the price. I can then spend the difference on beer if it works. But does it work?

Sponsored Links
Why do you need if the installation is installed properly.

Thanks. Installation is 25(ish) years old, still with original Ideal WLx RS50. In colder weather there is sometimes an increase in boiler noise, generally an intermittent whistling. It's annoying more than anything, I've fixed it previously with Sentinel or Fernox silencer additive, generally once every three years or so. My local supplier has Sentinel at £20, but if the £6 replacement works then I can buy beer with the difference.

Sponsored Links
I've never used cheap additives, but for £6, whats the worst that could happen? You'd have to spend £20 and put some proper stuff in the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back