Drayton wiser hub to Main eco Elite combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a Main eco elite combi which is about 6 years old it is currently controlled wirelessly by a Salus RT501RF (TX) thermostat which does not seem to work any longer. I purchased the Drayton Wiser kit 1 which has hub, thermostat and 2 radiator thermostats. I used to be quite handy with wiring but the instructions that came with the kit confused me I think I have the wiring correctly on the hub base plate using 2 x 3 core wires 1 from mains (3 amp fused) and one to the boiler.

But when I get inside the boiler I don't know where to connect the two wires to control the boiler from the hub. Do I remove the 4 wires on the present receiver?

Attachments

• DSC_0990.JPG
    DSC_0990.JPG
    207.9 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC_0991.JPG
    DSC_0991.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC_0993.JPG
    DSC_0993.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC_0994.JPG
    DSC_0994.JPG
    215.6 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC_0995.JPG
    DSC_0995.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 89
Sponsored Links
A photo may help and yes you need to remove the old receiver.

Using some 5 core heat resistant flex, Take the LNE to Wiser by piggybacking from the same LNE at boiler, remove the yellow link at the boiler and take the other 2 cores to 1 and 3. Decommission the Salus or put into manual.

What is the photo of the backplate with dodgy wiring?

Sponsored Links
I think that may be their attempt at wiring the backplate :eek: ;) ....
I used to be quite handy with wiring but the instructions that came with the kit confused me I think I have the wiring correctly on the hub base plate

Decommission the Salus or put into manual.
Do I remove the 4 wires on the present receiver?
Connect together the wires going to terminals 3 and 4 of the Salus receiver in a single terminal block. If the Salus was put into manual, the internal relay would be constantly powered, causing heat and unnecessarily using energy.
The old receiver can then stay in its slot, its not causing any harm there :)

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
i have added some photos

Using some 5 core heat resistant flex, Take the LNE to Wiser by piggybacking from the same LNE at boiler, remove the yellow link at the boiler and take the other 2 cores to 1 and 3. Decommission the Salus or put into manual.

Photo would help

Photo would help
I haven’t installed any, so can’t unfortunately. It doesn’t really get much simpler, it if you can’t understand it perhaps you’re out of your comfort zone and need to get someone to install it for you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back