Tripling parking charges for SUV/heavy cars in Paris.

What is this absurd equilibrium point? What is it measuring and how do you measure it?

You don't. That's the whole point. You just let it do its thing. Start with the city and free-flowing traffic. Whoopee - everyone will use their car. After a while, that results in congestion and delay. Some will put up with it, some will ditch their cars in favour of some other form of transport. Eventually, you each an equilibrium with a particular level of congestion that most people will tolerate. You can shift the equilibrium by (for example), opening a new bus route, tube line, cycle lane, etc, or you can shift it the other way by widening a road, building a flyover,etc. Or you can do it by regulation - congestion charging, low emissions zones, etc. After a while, following each intervention, a new equilibrium will establish itself.

Sponsored Links
You don't. That's the whole point. You just let it do its thing. Start with the city and free-flowing traffic. Whoopee - everyone will use their car. After a while, that results in congestion and delay. Some will put up with it, some will ditch their cars in favour of some other form of transport. Eventually, you each an equilibrium with a particular level of congestion that most people will tolerate. You can shift the equilibrium by (for example), opening a new bus route, tube line, cycle lane, etc, or you can shift it the other way by widening a road, building a flyover,etc. Or you can do it by regulation - congestion charging, low emissions zones, etc. After a while, following each intervention, a new equilibrium will establish itself.

So you just argued against yourself. Idiot brain.

A free market let it do its thing ends in market failure. So does your stupid notion.

Smoke, drink and eat unhealthy ends in its own way like your idea of no control.

Tell me does your body have mechanisms to control itself? Your logic would be any system shouldnt have any controls - let chaos reign.

So you just argued against yourself. Idiot brain.

A free market let it do its thing ends in market failure. So does your stupid notion.

Smoke, drink and eat unhealthy ends in its own way like your idea of no control.

Tell me does your body have mechanisms to control itself? Your logic would be any system shouldnt have any controls - let chaos reign.

Gosh! Don't some people get nasty when challenged and incapable o finding a credible defence?! I take it the personal attacks is a substitute for any kind of credible argument? As far as I can see, it's just descended into a random rant now...

Anyway, as best I can address your "word salad"...

1. No, my position has been completely consistent. (I'm not even sure what yours is - if indeed you even have one? You're too busy making personal attacks, I think...

2. Free markets have existed for thousands of years. Is this "market failure" due any day soon? They tend to fail when there is no effective competition, but in any case, a "market" analogy for traffic management is a poor one.

3. I have no idea why you're waffling on about smoking and drinking. We were talking about traffic management... :rolleyes:

4. Yes, my body (and everyone else's body) has mechanisms to regulate itself. So what? Lots of things have mechanisms to regulate themselves, and some have regulation imposed upon them. I'm suggesting not bothering when it comes to congestion, and that seems to really annoy you for some reason. A more rational human being might just say: "I disagree because..." (and then go on to list their reasons and propose something that they feel would do a better job). Other people just rant and call folk names...:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Gosh! Don't some people get nasty when challenged and incapable o finding a credible defence?! I take it the personal attacks is a substitute for any kind of credible argument? As far as I can see, it's just descended into a random rant now...

Anyway, as best I can address your "word salad"...

1. No, my position has been completely consistent. (I'm not even sure what yours is - if indeed you even have one? You're too busy making personal attacks, I think...

2. Free markets have existed for thousands of years. Is this "market failure" due any day soon? They tend to fail when there is no effective competition, but in any case, a "market" analogy for traffic management is a poor one.

3. I have no idea why you're waffling on about smoking and drinking. We were talking about traffic management... :rolleyes:

4. Yes, my body (and everyone else's body) has mechanisms to regulate itself. So what? Lots of things have mechanisms to regulate themselves, and some have regulation imposed upon them. I'm suggesting not bothering when it comes to congestion, and that seems to really annoy you for some reason. A more rational human being might just say: "I disagree because..." (and then go on to list their reasons and propose something that they feel would do a better job). Other people just rant and call folk names...:rolleyes:

Your poins are dumb so I am telling you like the thickwad you are, that you are a thickwad.

You advicate for chaos with yout free market no holds barred. It's just a dumb pipedream of idiots that never dies. It's Austrian school of economics on steroids.

Yes all we need is no regulation, no controls the market will correct itseld is based on the assumption the market is always correct, information can be freely exchanged and understoof by participants.

It's so dumb but you idiots never stop.

Don't tell me you are also an anti vaxxer and Brexiteer?

So tell me where does nations fit in with your free market approach? Is there a need for even nations to exist?

Last edited:
Your poins are dumb so I am telling you like the thickwad you are, that you are a thickwad.

You advicate for chaos with yout free market no holds barred. It's just a dumb pipedream of idiots that never dies. It's Austrian school of economics on steroids.

Yes all we need is no regulation, no controls the market will correct itseld is based on the assumption the market is always correct, information can be freely exchanged and understoof by participants.

It's so dumb but you idiots never stop.

Don't tell me you are also an anti vaxxer and Brexiteer?

So tell me where does nations fit in with your free market approach? Is there a need for even nations to exist?

Crikey! You're not very good on the old literacy, are you?! If you're going to hurl pathetic kindergarten insults, at least try to get your spelling and grammar up to kindergarten level!

But leaving that aside, you still seem to have no alternative to offer, just a fair bit of self-contradiction. The system that I have expressed a preference for, you seem to tell me (several times) stands absolutely no chance of working, but at the same time, "it never dies". Oh? You mean it's what has been done (pretty much by default) for most of the last century of the motor car's history? Yeah... clearly it'll never work... :rolleyes:

And no, I am neither an anti-vaxxer, nor a Brexiteer. (Far from it, in fact)! But don't let that stop you parading your poor judgment on public fora for all to see. It might give a few people a laugh - certainly it gave me a good laugh!

I can't really help you with you last question, I'm afraid. Have another go and get a grown-up to help you with the English. If you can get it to the point where it even makes sense, I'll do my best to oblige...

Can you tell me in your absilute brilliantly dumb solution - how you deal with externalities?

This free market espousal is always by thickwad idiots.

You want your free for all no holds barred - go to a third world country and tell me is that how you want your traffic?

Sorry but you deserve to be called an idiot.

That's probably what I'd say if I'd just been caught out too... ;)

Yep you just got a massive self own in there lad.

You did catch yourself out and now go learn something about economics, externalties before you push more anti vaxx type tripe.

Can you tell me in your absilute brilliantly dumb solution - how you deal with externalities?

For someone who really gets himself off on calling other people "thick" or "dumb", you're really not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you? :ROFLMAO: Tell me again, which part of: "You don't. That's the whole point. You just let it do its thing." don't you understand?:rolleyes:

(Sheeesh)!

This free market espousal is always by thickwad idiots.

You want your free for all no holds barred - go to a third world country and tell me is that how you want your traffic?

Sorry but you deserve to be called an idiot.

I see you still haven't proposed an alternative...

One might almost be forgiven for thinking you don't actually have one. Never mind. In the absence of a coherent argument (or, indeed, any argument at all, as far as I can see), you just stick to ranting and calling names. It's bound to win arguments and gain the undying respect of all around you...:D

Sponsored Links
Back