Tritan T80 electric shower, leaking a bit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Another quick query I have - my electric shower, which is Triton t80, oldish but still decent, water was dripping from the bottom of the unit every few days. I took the cover off and notice when the shower is turned on at the dial (not when the cord is pulled) and the pressure switch i believe it is allows water through, water splashes/jumps out of this area, a little bit every time this is turned on. I believe it builds up and after a few showers, leaks from the unit.

Is this replaceable and easy to do or is it new shower time?

Thanks for your help again :)

Sponsored Links
thats the top of the stabiliser valve it wears around the plunger.

can be repaired.

hi secon services. thank you for helping me. i was thinking maybe it is a diaphragm or something inside the valve that has worn/perished over the years. do i need to buy a whole new stabiliser valve? is this easy to get hold off for me shower as it is oldish, and if so, will it be hard to replace, i am not a bad diyer :)

Sponsored Links
ok thanks secon, i will order 1 up now. (hope they have 1 in stock and can deliver by the weekend possibly)...

one last question: is it hard to remove the old one??

give them a ring and order it.

useally get my orders next day.
bit of fiddling about but not a hard job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back