Triton T80 Low Pressure When Set To Hot?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This Triton T80 was already fitted into the house I've moved into and have notice that Im only able to get the shower too hot or just lukewarm to cold. I have removed the hose from the unit and when the shower is set to the cold the water flow is perfectly fine but as I turn the thermostat to the hot position the water flow decreases to almost a trickle!. I'm also NOT getting the low pressure warning light coming on at all, any ideas why this is happening????

Sponsored Links
No but this is massively reduced flow....

surely it shouldnt be reduced that much, when i want the water hot its not coming out the shower head with much force

The bottom dial is just controlling the flow of water through the shower ,the slower the rate of flow ,the hotter the temperature. And you should make small ,incremental adjustments ,and wait several seconds for temperature to stabilise,before rotating it further.
It is not a thermostatic shower.
The top dial operates the heating elements ,of which there are two.
So it has 3 positions. Elements off ( cold shower only) ,or one element in use ,or two elements in use.
If you set it to one in use ,let shower run till it gives warm water for 30 seconds then leave it running ,swtch to two elements in use and temp should increase within ten seconds. If it doesn't ,one of the elements isn't working.
I assume it is an 8.5 kw T80 ?

Sponsored Links
The bottom dial is just controlling the flow of water through the shower ,the slower the rate of flow ,the hotter the temperature. And you should make small ,incremental adjustments ,and wait several seconds for temperature to stabilise,before rotating it further.
It is not a thermostatic shower.
The top dial operates the heating elements ,of which there are two.
So it has 3 positions. Elements off ( cold shower only) ,or one element in use ,or two elements in use.
If you set it to one in use ,let shower run till it gives warm water for 30 seconds then leave it running ,swtch to two elements in use and temp should increase within ten seconds. If it doesn't ,one of the elements isn't working.
I assume it is an 8.5 kw T80 ?

Yes i believe is the 8.5 kw.

I just seem to have issues getting the correct temp i want, i can get it warm but like my showers hot but after i get this shower warm when i turn it again i can hear it boiling the water and then its too hot....boiling hot almost.

I'll fiddle around with it more as its the first electric shower ive had, so wasn't sure if it was working correctly

Check the hose is not twisted or kinked so reducing the flow. Is the filter blocked? Also check "Pressure Relief Device", if fitted, is in place and complete.

Do as terry suggests above.

For normal use I suggest you set the temp control to mid position before switching on. With Max heat setting once the water temp has stablised adjust to wards red for hotter or Blue for cooler. Once set at your happy position don't touch that control again but switch off on either the On/Off button or the cold/warm/hot/Off rotary switch depending on how the unit is controlled.

Instructions are on the triton website.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back