Triton AS2000XT Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I installed this shower in july and has been great up until a few weeks ago.

Its always whirld abit on startup as I assume its waiting for the hot water to arrive.
The problem has got worse up until the point where it can take 10 minutes to get the shower working.
It whirls like anything on startup and im having to move the dial from hot to cold to draw it in.
After I manage to get it working the shower can vary from being perfect to up and down flow rates.

Triton have come out and said he hasnt got a clue and thinks its air, hes marked the job as "inconclusive" o_O

I dont think its air being drawn in as I've put my hand over the vent pipe and nothing is beng sucked in.

Any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
I have a very similar issue with the same shower, AS2000XT.

I've emailed the below to Triton... Awaiting a response

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help. We've had a Triton AS2000XT power shower for a few years now but it seems to have developed a fault/ problem or at least it's gotten worse than it was when fitted.
Almost every time the shower is started up for the first time of the day there is either no or very little water flow and the pump goes faster than it should do then slows with a little bit more flow then settles to the normal speed with full water flow. This usually lasts for around 20 seconds to a minute or so and the speed and water flow can vary during this time. On the next use, some 20 to 30 minutes later it will do it again but this time only for a few seconds. I've checked and cleaned the inlet filters and even swapped them around from bottom (unused) to top inlet to no avail. I've checked the shower head and hose and these seem fine.
Is this a problem with the shower unit itself, the pump or the thermostat? Is it too much of a temperature difference between hot and cold? Is the water too hot from the tank? Is it a pressure imbalance, how do I correct this?

Thank you in advance

Can anyone on here advise?

useally points to the shower being starved of water flow.
This shower don't have a thermostat. it controls water temp by the flow control valve ie temp dial.

How is the hot flow pipe connected to the cylinder, useally one of the most common mistakes i see on these showers.

Sponsored Links
I've tried to upload a picture from my iPhone. If it works it'll show the flange on the top of the tank.
The pipe on the top goes to the shower, the horizontal one on the left goes to the taps and everything else. Is this correct?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 676
I've changed the feed to my shower today. Used an essex flange as I think the reason was trapped air coming from the hot water and not venting properly. It was feeding down the shower feed instead.

Will report back if the problem is fixed.

Tomo72: Your having the same problem, the air from the hot water rises straight past your vent/hot tap feed, and going to your shower feed.

The connections should be the other way round. Top=vent/Taps, Bottom=Shower feed.

Yes, definitely sounds like the Surrey's connections are the wrong way around. Pump will be sucking air like a good 'un.

As shown in the pic your vent needs to be off the top outlet not the side outlet.

I think changing just the vent to the top outlet will be quite difficult. Could we just swap the two outlets that are there over?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back