Triton Bezique 2 - low pressure fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, I could do with a spot of advice on this one as I'm no expert with showers apart from installing one. It has worked fine for the last 2 years but now has the low pressure warning light on and as such will only run cold.

the water pressure is fine all round the house and I've checked with Yorkshire Water and they have no record of any water pressure issues in the area.

Is this a case of cleaning out the inlet filter or is there any other known fault with this unit (or similar units?)

Advice on how to fix it would be really appreciated! Cheers Ben

Sponsored Links
Cleaning the inlet filter would be the first step!

Could be the pressure switch or in the extreme being lime scaled up but that would usually make it noisy when heating.

Tony

Hi tony, thanks very much for your quick reply, really appreciated. Do I simply isolate water and power and then proceed to strip the whole thing down or is there a quick way to get at the inlet filter?

(I'm assuming that I need to disconnect the compression fitting on the inlet to get at the filter - is that correct?)

Cheers Ben

I cannot give you detailed info on your model but they are usually pretty obvious.

Perhaps someone who likes fixing them will reply but most professionals just replace them when they fail as then its a new unit with a warrantee.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks tony, I'll take it down and give it a closer look. Of course, I'll post the findings, you never know, they might help someone else in due course (that's if it works!)

I also just spotted this on the net too....

http://www.howtomendit.com/answers.php?id=86106

I'll try to take some pics of the action!

Cheers Ben

Ok, checked the inlet valve, that's as clear as a bell. Removal pretty straightforward, also checked the solenoid which had a healthy reading of 3.7 so no probs there.

Anyone got any other ideas as to what else could be the problem?

Any help greatly appreciated, cheers Ben

More likely the pressure switch on the bottom of pcb.
Check the pressure micro switch on base of pcb, common fault on pcb 7073333.

Hi, thanks for you reply, it's really appreciated. The pressure valve certainly moves upwards to action the micro switch as I can see this move. I have also tried to action the switch with a flat bladed screwdriver to see if this resolves the problem but it doesn't. The switch most of the time appears to click like a normal micro switch but sometimes it doesn't seem to create a definite click. Is there a way to test it other than I've described or indeed source one to replace it ( happy to do spot of soldering on the PCB!)

Again any help really appreciated, cheers Ben

If you say you have activated the micro switch and it clicked but didn't cure the lp neon then the fault is pcb related.
These boards do suffer with bad solder connection on the micro switch over time the pressure switch pushing on the m/switch can break the solder connection and slightly push the m/switch upwards.
Another common fault is the capacitor near the top right blows.

This is a link to a new board.

Thanks for the reply, I've removed the PCB and checked out the joints on the micro switch and also for any dry joints, all appears good. Which capacitor exactly do you mean? I've seen on a few other forums that there may be an issue with the longevity of the one marked C3 which would appear to be the one which is rectangular in shape and grey in colour, there is also a normal looking one that is marked C2, is this the one you refer to?

Appreciate your time and input sir, cheers Ben

pic of PCB

Ok, by way of an update: I checked the capacitor issue (the helpful guy at maplin tested it for me and agreed that it was faulty) so I replaced it with a new one sourced from eBay as maplin don't stock this item, cheap at £1.50 for two of them! Put the PCB back and retested the shower, still showing low pressure light on!

I did however notice that the high heat led was attempting to come on also. When I turn the temp up at the dial the pressure through the shower head decreases a lot.

Is there anything else that I can check folks? Help gratefully received!

Cheers Ben

pic of led display showing power on, low pressure indicator on, lowest temp led on and also highest temp led on! The water does get warm but the further the temp dial is turned up the lower the pressure gets from the shower head.....???? Help!

Did the high neon come on before you removed the pcb or only after you had played around with it ?

Hi, yes it did but it was only a really low glow whereas now it seems almost fully lit....

I suppose the question may well be 'are there any other components on the PCB that are known to be problematic' ?

I suppose I could check them all with a multi-tester!

Cheers BB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back