triton jade 2 electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My electric shower has been installed for a number of years, and now the LOW PRESSURE light comes on and the shower stops working. I have checked the water pressure to the house and its fine as we are running from a COMBI BOILER. Can anyone tell me why the LOW PRESSURE light comes on !! do I need a new pressure switch !!!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. The shower was updated from the original when we had a normal boiler and header tank,so im not sure how it's fed !When the combi boiler was fitted, we also added a POWER shower in the bathroom that comes off the mains but the electric doesn't so i don't really know how it works !! The LOW PRESSURE light has only appeared in the last 2 wks or so,when it comes on,the shower stops working !! its been fine for years. I have checked the bar pressure in the combie (Worcester Bosch) and it looks to be ok,so i'm now at a loss as to what to do next !!

The electric shower has to be mains fed, if you use combi for hot water whilst shower is in use then the pressure will drop.
No point having a combi if you don't then use it for the shower.
You also have a power shower? how many shower units do you have?

Sponsored Links
Thanks Foxhole !!

Have contacted Triton and explained the problem. They have suggested a diagnostic electric test to determine the fault,they suspect it might be the solenoid,so I think that will be the route to go down (son is a sparky, so it wont cost anything to diagnose) hopefully this might resolve the problem.

Foxhole.

forgot to mention, that the shower was installed from the original that came with the house some 22yrs ago when we brought from new, all I did was to replace it and use the existing electric & pipework.

Foxhole.

forgot to mention, that the shower was installed from the original that came with the house some 22yrs ago when we brought from new, all I did was to replace it and use the existing electric & pipework.
You don't need and electric shower if you have a combi boiler, it's far cheaper to use than the electric shower.Maybe time to install a mixer fed from the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back