Triton Jade 2 Just stopped!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a Triton Jade 2 electric shower been in the house since I bought it 5 years ago...........Been fine up to now but this morning the shower just decided to stop, still power to it (checked that) so no prob with isolator, but when you switch it on with the on/off switch then both led's are out, switch off and just the low pressure light is glowing very faintly, checked the flow of water to taps and that is fine, pressure not dropped.

Anyone any idea's or does it look like a new shower is needed?

Sponsored Links
Might be blocked. Check water is coming in shower. Check the water inlet filter is cleared. If it is cleared then flow control might be faulty.

As it is five years old, I think it might be better to get a new shower.

Dan.

Seems it could be the solenoid coil........Power light not coming on but def power to shower..........actually stopped the other day so I've been told but was switched off and back on and started working again

Its a triton, built down to a price (for one of the sheds..... likely as not), so five years is a reasonable life span.

Triton now do a t80z as a possible replacement (check power rating and cable size) with multiple cable and water inlet choices - easy to fit too.

DH

Sponsored Links
Power to it ?
Checked with what a neon screwdriver or a multi meter ?

You need to check with a multi meter that it's getting 230v L/N.

Sounds like you have more like a bad conection on the power side.

Just to let you know, shower now fixed and it was the solenoid coil, thanks for all your replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back