Triton mixer shower help - PICS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm trying to change an old triton mixer shower with a triton petita mini mixer. The problem is the old one had a plate to cover the gaps the previous owners made. This new one doesnt cover the gap properly.

Is there a blanking plate or would I need to fabricate a thin metal plate to hide the hole or even use some sort of plaster to fill the gap?

I was thinking of using this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thermostati...PM/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1327774514&sr=8-14

Then maybe have 2 L bends going down from the hot and cold water pipe then it connects to the show head? What do you think?

P1000458.jpg

P1000459.jpg

P1000460.jpg

Sponsored Links
That plate is no good it's for bar mixers they have 3/4" threaded nuts
your's has 1/2" threaded nuts.

Then maybe have 2 L bends going down from the hot and cold water pipe then it connects to the show head?

Whats this mean ?

Have you not any spare tiles or are they standard white tiles ?
Whats the wall behind block or plasterboard ?

Even changing to a bar mixer and using the plate you haven't got nothing to screw the plate to as you have a big hole so no tiles etc to screw it to.

The plate screw holes are on the centre line of the plate.

Personally to get a good job would need the 2 tiles changed at least.

Sponsored Links
looking at the plate, iti has 3 screws, which grips in the middle and each side.

Would this not be good enough and the plate covered the gap?

Its going to be a nightmare to find those 2 tiles and replace them :eek:

Yes it may cover the hole but theirs nothing in the centre line length of plate to screw it to.
You have a large hole.

You may get the end screws in the wall you'd have to measure your hole then measure a plate at the merchants.

i think i'll try and return the item to B&Q and say item is not fit for purpose for a refund.

I'll stick to the old one i guess for now and maybe if i decide to do a whole ensuite revamp, I can then do it properly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back