Triton pc2100 mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon,

i have a shower over bath and separate shower cubicle (en suite) served by a triton exposed sequential mixer (Pc2100)
(http://www.showerdoc.com/triton-pc2100-shower-spares)

having moved to the property recently weve noticed that sometimes whilst showering the hot water fluctuates and cools every so often, and then goes back up to the requested temperature...in both showers

it is bearable as it doesnt go too cold, and its only for 5-10 seconds before the temp rises again.

I have a thermal store - systemate 2000, and the hot water from the taps are at a constant supply temp

would this be the now (11 year old) mixer valves that need replacing?

Sponsored Links
It suppose it could be the valves that need replaced but as it's a manual shower I'm not sure if that would show the behaviour you are seeing, especially as it is both showers that are acting that way. You will have a blending valve on the Thermal Store but you say the delivery temp is constant though, how have you tested that?

actually scrap that, the temperature this morning was warm-ish, going cool, and that was out of the handwash basin...

its not normally like this, its normally hot enough-too hot coming out of the hot water tap (i have single taps, not a mixer)

i presume it was less hot due to the heating not coming on this morning (as the thermostat was at 15 degrees? i forgot to turn it up as i was out all day yesterday)

Your thermal store would have separate HW & CH circuits/controls, this allows the store to be kept hot independent of the CH. Has that been set correctly to keep the store hot enough?

Sponsored Links
unsure about the temp... however in anoher development toda, BG came and carried out a service, and whilst hey were here they noted that the problem dates back to the previous occupier (who also reported the same issue)

at the time, they investigated and determined that it was the mixer failing and not the boiler or thermal store... so i am looking at replacing the mixer, however my next question is, what would be do i need to replace it with another sequential shower or could i get away with a concentric?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back