Triton planer thicknesser £250 ish any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Im after a planer thicknesser for cleaning up old pitch pine which is how timber used to be and is quite hard although not technically a hardwood in a restoration project. Its really going to be a few lengths of skirting here and there and producing stock from flooring etc, a domestic project for my home not trade use. I do a lot of work myself and have decent tools but I am a bit stuck with this as I cant justify a £600 machine, my top budget is about £300.

I normally buy Makita, Hitachi, Dewalt, where does Triton rank?

Any other thicknessers youd recomend for my budget.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I bought a second hand dewalt thicknesser on ebay for about £250 and bought a pair of new blades for about £40.

If you can get away with it just buy a thicknesser, you can get decent ones for 250.

A planer thicknesser is a whole different beast as you need quality tables and fences to produce timber of any quality and squareness. To get a planer thicknesser that will work at all properly you would need to spend the 600 you mentioned.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back