Triton Shower Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Just wondering if anyone can help with some advice regarding my partner's shower, which is leaking/dripping. I'm guessing it's a seal that's failed and needs to be replaced. The water appears to be coming from the gap between the dial for the water flow and the dial for the temperature control at the front and it is dripping constantly and quite fast.

Anyone any idea what model this shower is please? And further to that what the problem is likely to be and where I might be able to find the parts to fix the issue? If anyone has any practical advice on disassembly of the shower too that would be great thanks.

PXL_20220502_213436930.MP.jpg

Sponsored Links
I think I've figured out now that it's a Triton Dart. There seems to be a few different revisions, the Dart 1, Dart 2, and I think Dart 3 and Dart Eco are the same revision or at least share some parts. It's possible I would need to purchase all of the handle/knob assembly even if it is just the seal between the two knobs that has failed, unless someone knows otherwise? I would be nice to just replace the seal and hopefully that would fix the leak. This is what I came across on a couple different websites https://www.showerdoc.com/triton-handle-assembly-dart-3-86002900 and
https://www.bathroomspareparts.co.uk/triton-dart-eco-knob-assembly-from-aug09-86002900-67118-p.asp

That's expensive, it's probably just an O ring you need, take it apart and have a look first.

Sponsored Links
That's expensive, it's probably just an O ring you need, take it apart and have a look first.

Thanks, I think that's what I'll do to have a look if there's anything obvious that's failed, hoping that it's just a seal and I can buy one that's suitable. In the manual for what I believe to be the correct model it shows 2 washers as part of the knob/handle assembly, these are rubber o-rings so I guess act as seals, and I would guess washer B has failed. One thing I'm not 100% on is do those act as seals or should water not be getting passed the cartridge to there anyway? I'm also considering the possibility that the cartridge needs replacing.

Screenshot_20220503-143007.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back