Triton shower with remote unit in the loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Triton shower which I haven't used in a while.

The reason I turned off the water to it was that I didn't like the thought of the main unit sitting above the insulation int the loft.

It had sat above the original insulation for many years without any issue but we upgraded the insulation in the loft to improve the insulation for the house so at this point I turned off the water supply in case it froze.

I have just redone the bathroom and decided to leave it in place mostly due to the fact that we don't use a shower in there much yet (shower cubicle in en-suite) but as the kids are getting older I want to give the option. I chose not to put a new shower in because of the cost and the fact that the controls to this are smaller than any new shower so if I did replace it in the future - then a new unit would cover the old one.

Anyway - what are the general recommendations to deal with this issue? Do I build an insulated box to go around it (Thinking celotex or similar) or does this make a fire hazard? Do they have any inbuilt frost protection?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back