Triton t80z shower annoying leak can it be fixed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

About 1 year ago I started noticing a dripping leak from the shower unit. After investigation I determined it was not the prd but the seal between the heating can and the pressure isolation switch. At the time I decided against stripping the shower down and put some superglue on the join which seemed to do a reasonable job of creating a seal. Recently the shower has not been turning off after use. The Internet suggested a faulty solenoid valve so I went ahead this morning and replaced the entire solenoid assembly. I completely stripped the shower down to its bare bones and reseated the heating can the o ring was in good condition and it is properly seated. I noticed that the switch was all rusty which made me slightly suspicious that a replacement solenoid would work.

Upon reassembling the shower the neon light now longer works or the switch meaning I'm having to isolate the shower via the pull cord. I'm really annoyed because the shower is leaking from that join again and now obviously with the switch not working I'm wondering what to do. I've ordered a new switch but the same problem is going to happen.

Is it possible to sort this leak out or is it best to just get a new shower?

Regards

Grant Gibson

Sponsored Links
For all the hassle if I were u I woulda just got a new shower , £85 in pc , and that joint u superglued I'm sure an o ring sits in there

Yeah there's an o ring but it isn't sealing I've checked the o ring condition and it's fine. Like I say I've re positioned it a number of times and still no luck. I'll give the switch replacement a go and then if that fails replace the shower.

Regards

Grant Gibson

Sponsored Links
you would probably have no chance of sealing now after using superglue

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back