Triton Topaz TCO keeps failing (Shower came on by itself)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Earlier this year i replaced a faulty TCO in my Triton Topaz shower.

[Failure was caused by me flushing the shower through after cleaning scale trap - but with heat setting not on cold -Doh!]

However it has just failed again.

When my girlfriend turned off the shower it came back on again by itself.
The water came out a lot stronger than normal and also very very hot. It then stopped of its own accord.

Investigating I believe it stopped as the TCO failed and the circuit breaker popped.

Now, while I know that I can easily fix the TCO I dont want to do so only to have something cause it to fail again.

Can anyone offer any advice as to why the shower came on by itself and also why this caused the water to overheat?

Could it be the on/off microswitch is dodgy?

TIA
Rich

Sponsored Links
Ah. That does not sound good. Average price for the PCB would appear to be about £70 whereas a like for like replacement for the shower would be £170 excluding fitting.

How tricky a job would it be to replace the PCB?

easy job just note where the wires go on the pcb etc.
the topaz is a horrible shower when it comes to faults.
considering triton do more basic and simple showers that work just aswell. ;)

Sponsored Links
I must admit, there always seem to be some info on the Topaz on various boards. Which I guess either means its a very common shower - or as you say - its always going wrong.

Hmm, perhaps ill get a simpler more reliable one installed then.
Will be moving in approx 18 months but the shower gets quite heavy use so could do with one more reliable.

Found several around the £65 mark

Any suggestions?
;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back