Trouble splitting triax link 9v signal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone ,
I've currently got a humax 1100s freesat box , I needed to get the box signal upstairs so used triax tri link with magic eye no problem , I utilizes the aerial lead from back of downstairs tv which went into the loft and I dropped it down into our bedroom.
Now I want to split the freesat output from the triax out to the dining room using rg6 round the outside of the house , which was easy enough using a labgear 2 way splitter
Screenshot_20191128-184346_Chrome.jpg

Using It to get the picture from the triax then connecting upstairs to out and dining room to out, but theres no 9v signal to power with magic eye , when I put the dining room line to in and the triax to out I get the signal and 9v to power the magic eye but that just leaves me a none powered out to go upstairs ,is there a splitter that will accept the triax picture and run 9v up either leg to accept the magic eyes.

Thanks

Nick

Sponsored Links
The clue why you're getting no DC 9V through the splitter is in the red arrows. The DC pass is not in the direction of the signal. It's in the opposite direction. Think of it like a one way street for DC. The power moves in the direction of the arrows.

I don't think you're going to find a passive 2-way splitter that also splits the power to both legs in the direction of the signal. The reason is that sharing 9V to two outputs means that each gets 4.5V and that's not enough to power the magic eyes on each leg. What you'll need is an amplified splitter with power pass. This powers each of the outgoing legs from its own transformer, but also passed the Sky Eye signals back to your Tri-Link so you can change the channels from any TV location with an eye. Something like this Labgear will do the trick: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Labgear-LDL204-Amplifier-Separate-Inputs/dp/B00J623OBU

If this or any other reply was helpful to you, then please do the decent thing and click the T-H-A-N-K-S button. It appears when you hover the mouse pointer near the Quote Multi-quote buttons. This is the proper way to show your thanks for the time and help someone gave you.

Super star ,I understand now, anything smaller out there that does the same ?
Is this the only option based on what I have to do? Price wise I mean, moneys a bit tight at the mo, but thanks.
Appreciated

Sponsored Links
TBH, there'd hardly be any difference in production cost to make a 2-way or 3-way splitter powered splitter. Just not worth it.

£15 + £3 delivery from Amazon is a flippin' good price. Most other places are as much as £23-£24 before delivery.

I've got some ProCeption active 4-way splitters which are really small that I can do for a tenner, but then you'd need a power supply (£5) and Royal Mail delivery on top which would make it far more expensive. The Labgear is about the cheapest solution. If you can't afford that then you're going to have to do without I'm afraid.

If this or any other reply was helpful to you, then please do the decent thing and click the T-H-A-N-K-S button. It appears when you hover the mouse pointer near the Quote Multi-quote buttons. This is the proper way to show your thanks for the time and help someone gave you. It costs you NOTHING.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back