Trowhawk

roughcaster,

I value your technical posts, but if you want to step up on this issue, so be it.

My original comments were technical, he responded with a snide, technically ignorant, personal remark. ie he "attacked" me for voicing my considered opinion.

The guy is a spammer and when he was challenged, and not until he was challenged, did he introduce his British patriotic babble as a line of defense.

He, not me, was the one to swerve off page. I didn't introduce the Brit angle, but i responded with an indication of where true patriotism might lie.

I should have thought that anyone could follow such a simple argument, but i give you the courtesy of an explanation.

You accuse me of "tosh", fair enough, its your opinion. But perhaps you will say precisely why its tosh?

In other words, support what you say with evidence and a reasoned argument. If you cannot, then i'm afraid that you will begin to look like tosh yourself.

Sponsored Links
They say the last refuge of the scoundrel is patriotism. I find despicable, your wrapping yourself in the flag to sell a product.

And as you sink into the swamp of your own making you are still babbling sales nonsense - always be closing.

If you truly wish to support the UK then perhaps a quick trip to the sound of the guns in Afghan, or a week-ends volunteering doing s...t jobs (no selling) in a vets hospital.

I'll tell you what's "tosh", the whole lot of that written above in your quote. Many people/firms wrap themselves in our flag, British made and proud of it. You may have made a "technical" remark to start with calling it a "glorified margin trowel", then you went off your rocker with rubbish like this,,, "the last refuge of a scoundrel is patriotism", then, "i find it despicable your wrapping yourself in the flag to sell a profuct", and then this stupid statement, "as you sink into the swamp of your own making etc" ,ffs, then, amazingly!!, "if you truly wish to support the UK, then perhaps a quick trip to the sound of the guns in Afghan", and then the bit that convinced me this was really tosh, you advised JimFish,"a weekend volunteering doing **** jobs in a vet's hospital",, i mean, c'mon, would you say that to all manufacturers who make a British product, wrap it in the flag, and are proud of it. All in all Dann, or Dannielle, very little to do with plastering overall, mostly "tosh", and most would agree.

I'm sorry that you still haven't caught on to what i said and why. Merely leaping about with emotional remarks against the person is not an argument, although you did do better than the spammer.

Where the "Dannielle" comes from is psychologically interesting, but unfortunately this is not a therapy site.
Altho i'm sure that a little self disclosure did you good, next time, in a more appropriate place, perhaps, you will now be confident to reveal a little more.

They say the last refuge of the scoundrel is patriotism. I find despicable, your wrapping yourself in the flag to sell a product.

And as you sink into the swamp of your own making you are still babbling sales nonsense - always be closing.

If you truly wish to support the UK then perhaps a quick trip to the sound of the guns in Afghan, or a week-ends volunteering doing s...t jobs (no selling) in a vets hospital.
People sometimes make statements without thinking and this is one.Me i am very proud of being British and all what I have done here in my country of birth it's nothing to do with politics or culture or creed just a passion I have about my inventions I want people to realise that .i am a big believer in buying products made in Great Britain
So we will grow and prosper within our own country if people like danno9 resent me for that then whatever British manufacturing creates British jobs then my job is done goodnight .
I'll tell you what's "tosh", the whole lot of that written above in your quote. Many people/firms wrap themselves in our flag, British made and proud of it. You may have made a "technical" remark to start with calling it a "glorified margin trowel", then you went off your rocker with rubbish like this,,, "the last refuge of a scoundrel is patriotism", then, "i find it despicable your wrapping yourself in the flag to sell a profuct", and then this stupid statement, "as you sink into the swamp of your own making etc" ,ffs, then, amazingly!!, "if you truly wish to support the UK, then perhaps a quick trip to the sound of the guns in Afghan", and then the bit that convinced me this was really tosh, you advised JimFish,"a weekend volunteering doing s**t jobs in a vet's hospital",, i mean, c'mon, would you say that to all manufacturers who make a British product, wrap it in the flag, and are proud of it. All in all Dann, or Dannielle, very little to do with plastering overall, mostly "tosh", and most would agree.

Sponsored Links
[A little powder off plywood board well there are tradesmen and tradesmen you decide ?.
this to me is the catalyst of the argument questioning dans tradesmanship im not taking sides either way im just saying jimfish im going to buy one of your trowels and give it a review "for skimming" as it looks like none of us on here has used one yet im as qualified as anybody else to give it a review I work out of the bucket all the time skimming large areas, I cant say that the thought of owning one excites me as much as the other new tools such as plazi, speed skim ect but im willing to try it out and give it a review if I thinks its a pile of cr@p I will say so on the otherhand if I think its good I will also say so, if I think its good I will keep it if its rubbish I will offer to pass it on to anyone in this thread to try

dude trowel hawk is a pile of crap even you guy that made it cant spread go figure save you coin mate use a reall hawk or as the other side call it a hand board :p

you can hire it out steve dont tr asking for a freebee lol he will just tell you where to pock it like the guys on the other forum no names there but you know

you can hire it out steve dont tr asking for a freebee lol he will just tell you where to pock it like the guys on the other forum no names there but you know
where can I hire one for the day jon? its only about £16 I may as well buy it it will be worth it just for the crack

dude trowel hawk is a pile of crap even you guy that made it cant spread go figure save you coin mate use a reall hawk or as the other side call it a hand board :p
How do you know you don't even have one you are just a old hand set in his ways lol

Skimmers";p="2821901 said:
who the hell are you to critise something or someone on there ability .I really don't no are you some sort of hierachey.Come back down to my level like I said before how can someone comment on somethingyou have never done or used .PS I will give you a run for ya money skimmer lol.

I've used the trowhawk as I borrowed it from a guy I was working on.

He said the customer service was good as they replaced his first one that broke.

My verdict is that it is a good bucket trowel (ie for taking gear out of a bucket). As such you could use it to load your trowel if you are in a tight space and just reaching into a bucket ie if no room for your hawk.

Perhaps also handy if up on a scaffold and working out of a bucket - but for loading the hawk, not replacing it.

Would be useful for loading the hawk for acrylic renders out of their tub - perhaps this is more of a niche for it to load a trowel for those people who have not mastered using a hawk properly.

However, it is in no way a replacement for a hawk in ordinary plastering applications, in as it would slow you down too much.

jimfish";p="2823382 said:
who the hell are you to critise something or someone on there ability .I really don't no are you some sort of hierachey.Come back down to my level like I said before how can someone comment on somethingyou have never done or used .PS I will give you a run for ya money skimmer lol.
LOL keep dreaming im probs half your old age and twice as fact iv seen your vids on youtube LOL you just keep going over and over the same spot on that artex ceiling crack on pal sorry i ment your work cracks...
iv use a trowelhawk and i think there pony theres just some tit that made this thing that thinks its the best lol
theres load of guys like you on ebay with there little time saver ect jog on
Now if you had made somthing like the plazzie trowel then we can talk but you didnt. not got time to race you on the trowel but if your really want too!!!!

its the finish not the speed and prat can through o0n 3 bags in 10mins big wooopp for you not top it and trowel up old boy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back