Trump state visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I know it is a long way off, but it got me thinking what sort of reception he is likely to get .
I suspect that it will be one of the largest and probably noisiest that this country has seen in a long time.
The effect on Trump of this type of demonstration will be like water of a ducks back, he probably would not be able to hear the noise in his sound proof car.
How much better it would be though if everybody turned their backs on him with a deafening silence, as his car passed by, he wouldn't be able to ignore that, and who knows it may set a mark for other demos where he is concerned
What do you think?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Maybe we need his support ?
Do you honestly think he gives a t oss about this country. He threatened to stop investment in Scotland if they didn't comply with his demands to stop installation of the wind generators in the sea because they could be seen from his golf course. I am not a great fan of the previous Scottish first minister Salmond, but he summed Trump up when he basically said he is a bully and if he thinks you are weak he will walk all over you.

Sponsored Links
What do you think

He's the American President, and deserves a degree of respect, and a chance to learn on the job. The only difference between him and the other presidents and leaders, is he actually says what they all thought, but had more sense than to actually say.

He's the American President, and deserves a degree of respect

What a shame nobody told Donald Trump that, when he spent nearly eight years making up and spreading false stories about the previous president of the United States being a foreign-born Muslim who did not have the right to be elected President.

By the way, what's Donald Trump up to now?

I suppose to would be too much to ask that he was just 'ignored' by the general public?, or if those who feel a need to demonstrate could turn their backs on him.... (I'm firmly in the 'why was he awarded a state visit in the first place' frame of mind by the way).

Plenty of other odious leaders have been invited over after all, and as said , water off a ducks back etc.

He's the American President, and deserves a degree of respect, and a chance to learn on the job. The only difference between him and the other presidents and leaders, is he actually says what they all thought, but had more sense than to actually say.
In my book you earn respect by what you do and say. As for learning on the job that's what an apprentice does, after he has learned what to do you then give him the keys.
Please don't get me on about on what he thinks.

I do think he's been given the state visit too soon, but I can see that Theresa May is using him as an ally against the EU. But as he's never even held any sort of government post, he is an apprentice, but that's who the American college system voted for. We have a fait acompli, so all we can do is work with what we've got.

Yes, there's going to be a bit of turmoil before things settle down,but how abut we give him a few months, and then see how it goes.

I remember when some Japanese politician visited the UK and a bunch of old men simply turned their backs to him.

I remember thinking how powerful that protest truly was, because if those decent, honest & truthful old men had turned their backs to me I know how deeply hurt I would have been.

You are asleep, you have forgotten what it is to be decent.

On the other hand, part of decency is about giving someone a chance to better themselves. Bercow has been pally with a lot of state visit leaders who have committed all sorts of crimes against humanity, but Trumps only been an unpalatable narcissist so far. I do think we need a bit of perspective here.

I remember when some Japanese politician visited the UK and a bunch of old men simply turned their backs to him.

I remember thinking how powerful that protest truly was, because if those decent, honest & truthful old men had turned their backs to me I know how deeply hurt I would have been.

You are asleep, you have forgotten what it is to be decent.
I couldn't have put it better, you wanna be my script writer.

Trump hasn't got blood on his hands yet AFAIK, unlike some Her Maj has shaken hands with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back