trunking visible through plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Anybody any idea how I can stop PVC cable trunking showing through my decoration. It was fine when it was first painted, but after a while the track of the trunking started to show through the paint as a slight darkening of colour. I'm about to redecorate and would prefer to emulsion the wall and was wondering whether there is something I can seal the paint with to stop this happening again.

Sponsored Links
when wet plastering over trunking, quite often the plastic or galvanized capping is still very close to the surface even whilst applying the final skim coat.

this in turn leaves behind a strip of low suction plaster immediately above the capping.

the capping can affect the way the skim behaves and the way the paint behaves also, by the differences in suction local to the capping.

thats probably why it happens............

so its over to the paint experts for a remedy ;)

I would cover the stain with a solvent based undercoat. Then touch over with the emulsion colour before final coating.
good luck ....

would agree with conf. and add....do it at random strokes and try and "loose the edges" of the paint so it dosn`t stand out ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back