TRV frost setting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just taken a radiator off in my house for a plasterer to plaster behind. I closed the trv to the frost * setting. I'm now concerned that the trv may leak if the weather gets really cold. I'll be home in 6 hours, what are the chances given its 12-14 degrees outside. Sorry for being dumb just a tad worried!!

Also can you use leak sealer on central heating systems installed with plastic push fit??

Thanks for your help.
F.

Sponsored Links
You should use the decorators cap that comes with it. If you knock the valve head now, it is very easy to open it.

If you're worried it may leak, or if it's passing. but a short piece of pipe in the valve (with a nut and olive), then put a cap on the end of the pipe. ;)

Then there's no chance of a leak :)

Sponsored Links
Average household is more likely to have a blank or cap than a spare nut, bit of pipe, and a compression stopend.
Visit to shop will do the trick in either case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back