TRV on Return - A Problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all, this is me first pot on here so a big hello to you.

Useless egit who plumbed our loft conversion back in the summer has put the TRV on the return on the new rad in the loft. Is this a problem or will it still work OK? I really cannot face getting him back to sort out his c0ck-up (we had to get him back twice for other c0ck-ups he made earlier) Also, it's now about 2months since the work was done and I've only just realised this error.

And no, he was not the plumber of our choice but supplied as part of the "package" on the loft.

Feckin' egit!

Sponsored Links
If it's a cheap type and the arrow on the valve is facing the direction of water flow it is on the best end, if it has two arrows facing both ways no problem, some of the cheap ones whistle when closing, this is down to the make and cost not an installation error, most valve's nowdays are all unidirection so it shouldn't matter unless it is really cheap old stock.

What's up PDM? That's really polite and to the point. Hope you get better soon. :D

MadDesigner said:
Useless egit who plumbed our loft conversion back in the summer has put the TRV on the return on the new rad in the loft. Is this a problem or will it still work OK? I really cannot face getting him back to sort out his ****-up (we had to get him back twice for other ****-ups he made earlier) Also, it's now about 2months since the work was done and I've only just realised this error.

I wonder who is the egit. The plumber put the valve on, (probably OK) what were the other errors (in your opinion). You seem to a bit vitriolic, have you ever done anything that needed a bit of tweaking later?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back