TRV stuck

MTW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again, we have got 2 Siemens TRV which appear to be stuck. I need to get the cover off to have a look but am struggling.
I have manged to find the model on one of the plumbing websites, and have tried to upload a picture but won't let me. The only description I have is
"This Siemans thermostatic radiator valve (TRV) allows individually temperature control of each radiator it is connected. The liquid filled head allows accurate control, meaning energy usage is kept to a minimum if used accordingly.

Main Features

Liquid filled sensor
Reversible 10mm or 15mm compression.
Set point limiting or locking
Frost setting
Meets CEN standard EN215.

Can't find a model number but hope someone can help. I will keep looking and is I manage to find more info will port it here.

Cheers.

Marie )MTW)

Sponsored Links
Hi again, we have got 2 Siemens TRV which appear to be stuck. I need to get the cover off to have a look but am struggling.
I have manged to find the model on one of the plumbing websites, and have tried to upload a picture but won't let me. The only description I have is
"This Siemans thermostatic radiator valve (TRV) allows individually temperature control of each radiator it is connected. The liquid filled head allows accurate control, meaning energy usage is kept to a minimum if used accordingly.

Main Features

Liquid filled sensor
Reversible 10mm or 15mm compression.
Set point limiting or locking
Frost setting
Meets CEN standard EN215.

Can't find a model number but hope someone can help. I will keep looking and is I manage to find more info will port it here.

Cheers.

Marie )MTW)

The knurled nut below the sensor will unscrew anti-clockwise and release the head.

Thanks spraggo, will that let me get into the gubbins, or are they sealed?? WIll I be able to remove the white plastic cover ( with the settings numbers on) so I can see inside??

Sorry to be a bit dense but in our other house they where manual stats not these new fangled liguid things!!!!! :D

Cheers

Sponsored Links
unscrew the collar and the plastic head should unclip/pull off.

then have a look at the pin the middle, wibble it about and maybe give the valve a few taps with the hammer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back