TRV Trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Im new on here, great forum been using it for some great advice whilst doing up my first house. I finally got around to registering and thought i would post up a thread to see if anyone could help.

Ive got a CH system running off a parkray back boiler, it works fairly well apart from one radiator. It is the only one with a TRV on it and i cant get it to warm up. I initially thought it must be the TRV, i took the head off and made sure the pin was free moving under the TRV and seemed to be fine. On further inspection i realized the hot water was stopping a few meters short of entering the rad.
I bled the radiator and no air came out but did manage to pull the hot water along the pipe towards the radiator buy bleeding out water.

The strange thing is i managed to get it hot past the TRV, on the section of pipe that you fit with the TRV and into the bottom section of the rad where it splits the water into each panel of the radiator.
I couldnt get it any further than this but didnt bleed it for hours.

So after initially thinking it was the TRV this had me puzzled as i had managed to get water past the TRV.

Anyone any thoughts on this?
Should i just replace the TRV or is there likely to be a blockage on the outlet of the rad do you think?

Any help much apreciated.

Joe

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back