TRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, i want to fit a TRV which i got from city plumbing, it is similar to this except it does have the push fit attachmnet.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/98703...egler-Terrier-II-White-Chrome-TRV-10mm-Angled

The problem i am having is with the supplied tail, the length on the tail where the TRV connects to the tail with a compresson nut does not have a lip at the end like the old style tails, and is so short there is not enough space to rap the olive in PTFE (if you understand what i mean).

The instructions say to use an appropiate jointing compund, so do i just need to smear the tail with boss white or something? Am i missing something here? Whats the best plan of attack?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Sponsored Links
A photo would help us to understand what you are trying to explain!

Tony

You've answered your own question. Yes just smear boss white or preferably a more modern non-setting compound such as jet blue.

Agile it looks like the push fit adaptor in the above link, except with the push fit connector being replaced with the compression part of the tail which connects in to the raiator.

gass4you, will be able to pick some jet blue at city plumbing, and do i simply smear in the tail and over the olive?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
sorry don't understand you.

You've answered your own question. Yes just smear boss white or preferably a more modern non-setting compound such as jet blue.

as i understand it the new bosswhite is fine as a jointing compound to make in rad valves (haven't tried it though).

Your first posting said something was too short.

Using jointing compound is not going to make anything any longer!

It needs to be fully inserted if you want to do a good job!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back