Trv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have a combi boiler. Just renovating the house. I am about to put in some hive trvs.
There is only one trv on the current radiators. This is on the right hand side (return? ). Is that the correct place please.
Shall i put all trvs on the right then. ??
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Most TRVs will work on flow or return but some are a bit noisy if fitted to the return so best to fit them to the flow where possible.
You may need to leave one radiator without TRV (often the hallway or bathroom) to act as a bypass (heat dump) for the boiler.

I think you’re not supposed to have a TRV in the same room as the room stat.

Sponsored Links
That too but does a Hive act as a room stat or is it just a control centre for the TRVs?

Some top tips for Hive radiator valve installation​

When considering where to fit thermostatic radiator valves, remember:

• Don't install TRVs in the same room as your thermostat
We recommend that you don’t fit Hive Radiator Valves to any radiators in the same room as any main thermostat. If the thermostat is set to a higher temperature than the valve, having both in the same room can cause your heating to be permanently on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back