Trying to fix my dads Ideal HE30 boiler..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The hot water works, the heating doesnt-

is it something simple?

The status says 'c'. Pressure is just above 1 bar.

The heating installation costa fortune, but the boiler looks so cheap. Its not a regular system, circulating hot air through ducts. My uncle has the same type system, no problems at all.

Sponsored Links
hot water pipe is hot- very confused. the burner light is flashing- if anyone can throw some light on this it would be much appreciated

I dont even know what you mean about the heating! It sounds as if its a wet system with heat exchangers to convert from wet to hot air.

There sounds as if there is no demand for heat.

But without seeing the system and doing some tests there is nothing I can say.

e.g. My car has four wheels, it does not work, whats wrong with it?

Tony

the system is as you say- its def a boiler problem and not related to the system. the boiler worked fine until one week after guarantee ran out..

Sponsored Links
My car has four wheels, it does not work, whats wrong with it?
Haven't you got that fixed yet?
Well when you do find out what's wrong with it let me know, because mine's exactly the same.

Bill - pictures, names, makes would be useful.

I think that the "c" means there is a demand for heating.

If the boiler is not firing up there there would seem to be a fault with the boiler.

If the boiler is only a week out of the warrantee then a polite call to Ideal might result in a discretionary visit.

Tony

its an ideal HE30 with a honeywell pipe thermo and control panel. I think its a thermostat problem perhaps. no idea. 'c' setting meaning ch is being supplied. sorry i cant be more helpful, i really am at a loss with this one

burner light is flashing- boiler is on and hot pipe is hot. Ideal have refused to help

My car has four wheels, it does not work, whats wrong with it?

Well when you do find out what's wrong with it let me know, because mine's exactly the same.

I know the problem but I have not devised a fix yet!

Its got a flat tyre but the wheels have one security nut on each wheel.
The ever unhelpful Vauhall dealer says I need to know the code number, which of course I dont, and then they will order the driver key to suit.

If I owned Vauxhall then I would have one of each driver key so that I can come and select the one to fit and then. They dont!

The outside of the security nuts are very close to the centre of the hubs and its not possible to get any stud remover or security nut remover in.

The key needs three male studs about 4 mm diameter to be inserted into the holes to turn the nut.

Bill, if there is heat coming out of the boiler then the problem is with the controls and I think you may need a competent boiler engineer to visit!

Tony

I assume as you say a HE30 we are talking about the Isar HE30?

'c' is a demand for heat from external controls.

Flashing 'blue' light is boiler up to temp on its own thermostat but still recognising a demand for heat.

Solid 'blue' light is burner alight.

'd' is hot wter demand

't' is pre-heat operational (HW)

Could be the ch thermistor faulty, could be the pcb.

Are you 100% sure you have thoroughly checked over the warm air HE/unit?

If the boiler has a demand for CH and shows that its up to temperature then it sounds as if the diverter valve is jammed in the dhw position or the actuator is failed.

There are two types of diverter fitted to this range of boilers and I dont know which yours has. Can you describe the body of the diverter valve?

Tony

If the boiler has a demand for CH and shows that its up to temperature then it sounds as if the diverter valve is jammed in the dhw position or the actuator is failed.

Tony

There is also the possibility that your unusual heating system could have a closed motorised valve as we know nothing about it.

I think that you may be going to have to have a professional looking at it!

Tony

Tony

There is also the possibility that your unusual heating system could have a closed motorised valve as we know nothing about it.

I think that you may be going to have to have a professional looking at it!

Tony
What I was thinking the boiler potentiometer through the flow thermistor is up to temp thats why its flashing so either Div valve seized (easy check pull head off it and manually push it in) or circulation problem in system. I have had a user control problem cause this once as the potentiometer was faulty inside(just pull it off and it will go to max (82). (If thermistors are out of calibration and banding you usually get the fault code for that thermistor coming up. H1 flow, H2 return etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back